Regional stakeholder workshop
10 September 2020 at Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica, Slovakia.
The objectives of this workshop were
- to discuss specifics of the non-profit sector and employability of doctoral candidates and graduates in the non-profit sector,
- to identify transferable skills essential for working in the non-profit sector, and
- to prepare a final list and ranking of transferable skills identified as crucial for working in the non-profit sector.
Participants of the workshop highlighted that working in the non-profit sector required a specific transferable skill, competence or ability which is empathy.
They pointed out that behind the motivation to work in the non-profit sector there was usually an ambition and drive to change the world for the better. They proposed that in times of crisis of democracy, understanding democracy and democratic values including human rights should also be listed on the list of transferable skills.
Participants further suggested attitude, ethics and value anchoring as very important for working in the third sector.
The importance of doctoral supervision was also emphasised. If the supervisor is able to fully support the potential of the doctoral candidate and work with him/her properly, it might significantly influence his/her career – also towards acting in non-profit sector, whether as a volunteer, an active citizen or a leader.
- DocEnhance first annual meetingDocEnhance project’s annual meeting was held online from 11-12 January, gathering the members of the project’s consortium and external advisory board. Impact of Covid 19 on doctoral education The two-day conference was introduced by Alexander Hasgall, Head of the EUA-CDE, EUA Council for Doctoral Education and member of the External advisory Board, who discussed the … Read more
- Regional Stakeholder workshopsWhat are the transferable skills most needed across Europe? Over the last four months of 2020, four workshops on transferable skills were held by DocEnhance partners for external stakeholders issued from various European countries. Each workshop focused on a specific career sector chosen to represent crucial challenges of the 21st century: industrial, technological, non-profit and … Read more
- Stakeholder meeting on Data managementRegional stakeholder workshop in Norway on Data Management 10 November, onlineHeld by the Arctic University of Norway (UiT) Objectives Get insight from regional stakeholders on their use of data management: what kind of data do they hold and manage, what challenges do they have when using available existing data, and what use may they have of … Read more
- Transferable skills in the Spanish Technology sectorRegional stakeholder workshop in Spain 27 October and 3 November, online This third regional stakeholder workshop, located in Spain and focused on technological and industrial stakeholders from the non-academic sector, was organised by Fundación Universidad-Empresa and University of Alcala. Objectives Discuss specifics of the Spanish technological and industrial sectors focused on the employability of doctoral … Read more
- Stakeholder meeting in TampereTransferable skills in the industrial sector, Finland 2 October 2020, Finland Stakeholder meeting 2.10.2020 Tampere University, Finland (photo Jonne Renvall) Tampere University Doctoral School together with the Doctoral School of Industrial Innovation organized a Stakeholder meeting in Tampere on the 2nd of October 2020. The participants in the Stakeholder meeting formed an excellent group to … Read more