In conjunction with the EUA-CDE Annual Meeting at the University of Manchester, DocEnhance Partners are organising a meeting to discuss best practices and resources in Doctoral Supervision Training.
Nordic regional pre-conference meeting at EUA-CDE Manchester 2022
When: 22 June 2022, 11.00-13.00 BST
Where: University of Manchester
Abstract: The quality of supervision and the solid relationship between the doctoral candidate and the supervisor(s) is often seen as the central tool for success on the doctoral journey. This is reflected also in the EUA-CDE 2022 survey where quality of supervision and thereby supervisor training was clearly the top priority among member universities. In this regional meeting, we invite our Nordic colleagues to discuss their best practices, recent developments and latest tools concerning doctoral supervision and training.
Themes that we may discuss include:
- Incentives for researcher participation,
- The time and timing of supervisor training (in keeping with the overall EUA-CDE conference theme this year),
- The curriculum of trainings (balancing the pedagogy of supervision and the dissemination of information about standards and rules),
- Adapting trainings to institutional academic culture (e.g., the choice between external trainer and train-the-trainer approaches), and
- Any other related issues you wish to raise.
You will also hear details on the ongoing EU-funded project DocEnhance that is developing some joint resources, as well as various ongoing national initiatives. You are warmly welcome to join the informal discussion that may have far-reaching outcomes.